Children and Family Ministry Coordinator
The Children and Family Ministry Coordinator is a person gifted for children and family ministries in an urban setting. This person will serve under the authority and direction of the SRBC Senior Pastor, by the appointment and guidance of the Board of Elders. They will share in shepherding and caring for children and families and establish and maintain ministries and projects in support of the church vision.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Overseeing Children’s ministries: Oversee children’s ministries to ensure they provide an inviting, safe environment for children where children are taught the Biblical truth leading them to a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Good News Kids
• Junior Church
• Children’s Sunday school
2. Outreach and Evangelism:
a) Partner with Scranton Road Ministries, Youth for Christ, and other organizations:
Partners and coordinates the Scranton Road Ministries (SRM) and Youth for Christ (YFC):
• to establish and maintain a bridge between the ministries of SRBC, SRM and YFC.
• for proactive coordinated outreach and evangelism into the neighborhood schools
• to maximize the impact of both SRBC and SRM in coordinated ministry events.
• Maintain a close relationship with partner churches to maximize impact in neighborhood and church families.
b) Manage neighborhood outreach events
• Such as Ambassador Soccer Camp, GNK kickoff events, etc…
c) Equip families for discipleship with their children.
• Establish and maintain parent engagement methods (e.g. Parents Lounge)
• Create family discipleship vision aligned with SRBC discipleship vision
• Parental counseling
• Parental training for discipleship in the home
• Resources for parents
Oversees the selection and development of curriculum that is Bible-based, Christ centered, and effectively communicates the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the full will of God in an age appropriate manner.
Other more general Staff responsibilities include:
1. Regularly participate in Staff meetings, worship services, and other activities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications as determined by the SRBC Constitution and Board of Elders:
Education, Experience, Testimony, Ordination, Teaching, Discipleship, Approved by church membership.
The Children and Family Ministry Coordinator shall fully endorse and support the Biblical and theological orientation of the leadership of SRBC as expressed in the Church’s Constitution.
The Children and Family Ministry Coordinator must be able to relate cross culturally within the church and in the community at large.
This person should be growing in their faith. They should have significant experience, ideally in a multi-cultural and urban ministry setting.
Leadership—the Children and Family Ministry Coordinator should be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and his gospel are central. He should be a self-starter and an initiative-taker.
Relational—the Children and Family Ministry Coordinator should have a heart to care for people, not just manage systems; that drive should manifest itself in the appropriation of time.
Administration—while seeking mainly to shepherd and disciple people, the Children and Family Ministry Coordinator should have the skill set, ability, and willingness to effectively manage the various administrative tasks associated with the position.
Teacher/Equipper—the Children and Family Ministry Coordinator should be able to effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.”
Communicator—the Children and Family Ministry Coordinator should be able to clearly and concisely communicate the needs and aims of the church and congregation.
Peacemaker—the Children and Family Ministry Coordinator should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love and to achieve common goals.