What We Teach
Our Foundational Teachings
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant and ultimately authoritative Word of God (2
Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- There is one God, eternally existing as three distinct persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit
(Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 8:6).
- The Lord Jesus Christ is Deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His
atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into Heaven,
and that He will come again in power and great glory (Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:5-8;
Colossians 1:15-20; 1 Peter 2:24,25; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ in that 1) all people inherited a sinful nature because of Adam’s sin
and we all have sinned. 2) The penalty for sin is death and eternal separation from God. 3)
Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for our sins. (Rom. 3:23, Rom 6:23, Rom 5:8).
- Individuals become children of God when they personally place their faith in Jesus Christ as
Lord and Savior and ask him to forgive them of their sins. It is by grace through faith that
Jesus forgives their sins; Jesus’s righteousness is credited to them, they are regenerated by the
Holy Spirit, and they receive the irrevocable gift of eternal life. (John 3:3,7; John 3:16;
Romans 11:29; Ephesians 2:8,9, I John 1:9, Philippians 3:8-9, Ephesians 2:8).
- It is through the Holy Spirit that Christ indwells believers, enables believers to mature in faith
and to live a godly lives of obedience, and empowers believers to do the work of the ministry
(Romans 8:9-11; Ephesians 4:11-13; John 16:7-11; Galatians 5:13-18).
- The Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form
one body, the Church (Ephesians 2:22; 1 Corinthians 12:12-26; Colossians 1:18, Galatians